Skip to content
live
live

Highlights

Airport Parkway bridge getting new name to honour WW2 veterans

Airport Parkway bridge getting new name to honour WW2 veterans

The dedication is a symbol of gratitude and will serve to commemorate the 75th anniversary of D-Day.
College ward residents still in limbo despite appearance of embattled councillor at City Hall

College ward residents still in limbo despite appearance of embattled councillor at City Hall

Even the councillors watching over Rick Chiarelli's ward, in his absence, don't know what is going on with him.
Pair of Ottawa and Gatineau suspects try to fraudulently buy $1M in luxury cars

Pair of Ottawa and Gatineau suspects try to fraudulently buy $1M in luxury cars

Gatineau police have apprehended two men who they say bought and resold 15 cars in the region.
Two men arrested after drug trafficking investigations in Centretown and Barrhaven

Two men arrested after drug trafficking investigations in Centretown and Barrhaven

Ottawa police officers seized cocaine, crack cocaine and crystal meth in the two locations.
Smiths Falls' Canopy Growth teaming up with Drake on new cannabis venture, More Life Growth Co.

Smiths Falls' Canopy Growth teaming up with Drake on new cannabis venture, More Life Growth Co.

Drake will hold a 60 per cent stake in More Life and Canopy Growth will own the remaining 40 per cent.
Marathon transit meeting provides no answers to OC Transpo's light rail issues

Marathon transit meeting provides no answers to OC Transpo's light rail issues

"This is the biggest dumpster fire I've seen yet," said Beacon-Hill Cyrville Councillor Tim Tierney, noting that Rideau Transit Group has a lot of explaining to do.
Surgical objects left in patients on the rise in Canada, data shows

Surgical objects left in patients on the rise in Canada, data shows

553 foreign items, including sponges and medical instruments were found in a two-year period.
Commissioners and councillors support a transit fare freeze

Commissioners and councillors support a transit fare freeze

Fares are scheduled to rise an average of 2.5 per cent at the beginning of 2020.
Woman rescued after falling onto tracks at Rideau station

Woman rescued after falling onto tracks at Rideau station

A bystander and red vested OC Transpo employee made the quick decision to jump in and save her from an oncoming train.
Anti-racism unit coming to Ottawa City Hall in 2020

Anti-racism unit coming to Ottawa City Hall in 2020

This will be an independent, stand-alone unit run by City of Ottawa staff.
Rogers Media
2001 Thurston Drive Ottawa, ON, K1G 6C9 © 2006-2019 Rogers Media. All rights reserved.