Ottawa's National Arts Centre (NAC) is cancelling all of its performances and events until April 5, due to ongoing coronavirus concerns.
In a statement published on its website Friday morning, it said, "The health and safety of our visitors, artists, and staff is of paramount importance."
"This decision is the right thing to do to keep our community safe and healthy," the statement reads. "We take comfort in knowing that the NAC and its dedicated staff will be doing their part to help reduce the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Rest assured we will make every effort to accommodate our patrons and artists at this difficult time."
The NAC is taking the following measures effective immediately, and continuing until Sunday April 5:
- All ticketed performances and free public events are cancelled;
- Events booked through the NAC food and beverage department (conferences, meetings) are cancelled during this period;
- The NAC's public spaces will remain accessible although there will be no programming;
- The NAC's 1 Elgin restaurant will close to the public for the duration of cancellation measures;
- The NAC Parking garage will remain open for business;
- All other NAC operations will continue.
The NAC said all tickets for cancelled performances will be exchanged or refunded.
Patrons are asked to visit the NAC's exchanges page or call 1-844-985-2787 with any questions.