A section of Highway 417 will be closed in both directions on the weekend of October 19, so that the city can install the truss that will form the main span of the new Harmer Avenue Pedestrian Bridge.
The closure will start at 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 19, and last until 11 a.m. on Sunday, October 20. Lane reductions will start at 5 p.m. on Saturday.
Eastbound on-ramps to the highway will be closed at Carling Avenue, Parkdale Avenue and Maitland Avenue. Westbound on-ramps to the highway will be closed at Bronson Avenue, Rochester Street, Parkdale Avenue, Lyon Street and O'Connor Street.
The following detours will be in effect during the closure:
- Westbound motorists must exit the highway at Bronson Avenue, onto Catherine Street
- Proceed via Catherine Street, which becomes Raymond Street, westbound to Booth Street
- Proceed via Booth Street southbound to Carling Avenue
- Proceed via Carling Avenue westbound to the westbound Highway 417 on-ramp at Carling Avenue, west of Kirkwood Avenue and the fire station
- Eastbound motorists must exit the highway at Carling Avenue and continue east to Bronson Avenue
- Proceed via Bronson Avenue northbound to Chamberlain Avenue
- Proceed via Chamberlain Avenue eastbound to Isabella Street
- Proceed via Isabella Street eastbound onto the eastbound Highway 417 on-ramp at Metcalfe Street
Motorists are advised to plan all trips well in advance, as significant delays are expected during the closure.