The Victoria Day long weekend brings closures around the city.
Grocery stores are closed on the holiday Monday, with the exception of the Loblaws on Rideau Street, the Metro on Rideau Street and the Whole Foods at Lansdowne Park.
Banks will be closed.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres will be closed, re-opening on Tuesday, May 21.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court will also be closed, re-opening on Tuesday, May 21.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters.
- OC Transpo will operate on a Sunday schedule on Victoria Day.
- OC Transpo Customer Service Centre at the Rideau Centre will be open on Victoria Day from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Other Customer Service Centres will be closed.
- Transit Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- OC Transpo Customer Relations (613-842-3600) will be closed.
- Para Transpo's reservation line (613-244-7272) will be open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Victoria Day. Its cancellation/information/general inquiries line (613-244-4636) will open 6 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Garbage, green bin and recycling collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection on Victoria Day. Victoria Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, May 21. In addition, the collection of green bin, recycling materials and garbage will be delayed by one day for the week of May 20. For curbside collection enquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be no multi-residential collection of bulky items, green bin and recycling container collection on Victoria Day. Victoria Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, May 21. Recycling container and green bin collection will also be delayed by one day for the week of May 20.
- Multi-residential garbage container collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of May 20.
- The Trail Waste Facility is closed on Victoria Day.
All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. They will operate as usual on Tuesday, May 21.