A 42-year-old Ottawa man is facing a number of weapon-related charges after police say a security guard had a gun pointed at him outside of a business on George Street in the ByWard Market.
Officers were called to the area on Monday, June 29, around 1:20 a.m. and were able to identify a suspect after reviewing video surveillance from a local establishment.
A pair of arrests were made on Goulburn Avenue in Sandy Hill, in connection with the incident.
A search of the suspect’s vehicle and apartment was executed later that afternoon and investigators seized two imitation firearms.
Sean Thomas Salisbury has been charged with:
- Possession of weapons dangerous
- Pointing a firearm
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Careless use of a firearm
- Causing a disturbance
- Possession of a firearm while prohibited (four counts)
- Breach of probation (four counts -- two for possessing weapon breach and two for keep the peace breach)
He is scheduled to appear in court later on Tuesday.