A 21-year-old is facing drinking and driving-related charges in the death of Jasmine Saunders.
Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry Ontario Provincial Police officers responded to an ATV crash on Broken Second Road, between Marine Station Road and County Road 1, just west of Iroquois back in August.
Saunders, 18, died as a result of her injuries on October 28.
Police say two other people were on the ATV with Saunders, and both suffered serious injuries.
As a result of the OPP investigation, Montana Gabriel, of South Dundas was charged with:
- Drive a motor vehicle while impaired causing death
- Drive a motor vehicle with over 80 milligrams of alcohol in blood causing death
- Criminal negligence causing death
- Drive a motor vehicle while impaired causing bodily harm
- Drive a motor vehicle with over 80 milligrams of alcohol in blood causing bodily harm
- Criminal negligence causing bodily harm
She was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall on November 29.
The incident remains under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call SD&G OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).