A 43-year-old man is facing charges after Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers discovered and seized nearly 100 cannabis plants and a shotgun in North Dundas Township.
A search warrant was executed on County Road 43, west of Winchester, on Wednesday, September 23.
In addition to the marijuana plants and gun, officers also seized some processed cannabis and cannabis shake.
Robert Hunter, of North Dundas Township, has been charged with:
- Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order - sec. 117.01(1) - three counts
- Firearm-used while committing offence - sec. 85(1)(a)
- Carless use of a firearm - sec. 86(1)
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose - sec. 88
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm - sec. 91(1)
- Occupy a motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm - sec. 94
In addition, the individual is charged under section 12(4)(b) of the Cannabis Act with Cultivate, propagate or harvest more than four cannabis plants.
The accused persons was released on an undertaking is scheduled to attend the Ontario Court of Justice in Morrisburg on December 1.