A pair of 19-year-olds are each facing a slew of charges after an armed robbery along Teron Road in Kanata.
The Ottawa Police Service received a 911 call from that area around 9:10 p.m. on Sunday.
Once on the scene, officers met with the two victims -- A 20-year-old man suffered a stab wound, considered non-life-threatening, while a 20-year-old woman was not harmed.
Details of the event and descriptions of the suspects were given to officers. Two suspects matching the descriptions were then arrested a short distance away.
Officers seized a .22 calibre rifle and a knife, both of which are believed to have been used during the robbery.
Gubar A. Atem, and Charles Eugusis Wood, both of Ottawa are jointly charged with:
- Use/handle/store a firearm carelessly
- Point a firearm (two counts)
- Possession of a weapon for committing an offence
- Possession of a prohibited firearm without holding a licence
- Unlicensed person possess a prohibited weapon
- Possession of a prohibited weapon knowing no authority
- Occupy a motor vehicle with firearm
- Possess loaded regulated firearm
- Robbery using firearm (two counts)
- Mischief / damage to property not exceeding $5,000
- Conspiracy to commit an indictable offence
- Possession of cannabis for the purpose of distributing
Atem is also facing a criminal charge of Having a face masked/disguised.
Both Atem and Wood are scheduled to appear in court, Monday.