Police forces in the Montreal, Petite Nation, Gatineau and Mirabel regions, have seized large amounts of drugs after searching nine homes as part of a joint drug investigation.
In total, officers searched 15 pieces of property, including six vehicles.
During the searches, the police seized:
- More than 4,200 tablets of methamphetamine
- Over 400 grams of hashish
- More than ½ kilograms of cocaine
- More than 300 grams of crystal methamphetamine
- Over 250 grams of cannabis in bulk
- More than $ 18,500 in Canadian money
- More than 100 grams of a powder that remains to be analyzed
- Two firearms
- Equipment used for drug trafficking
As a result of their findings, police arrested six people between the ages of 24 and 55.
The drug operation started back in August after tips from the public, and eventually involved 60 police officers.
Police believe these drug trafficking networks belonged to the Demons Choice South Shore and Hells Angels biker groups.