An Augusta Township man is facing a list of charges after Ontario Provincial Police officers tracked down a suspicious vehicle on St-Pierre Road in Embrun.
A man was found sleeping in the vehicle by the time police found it, at around 3:30 a.m., February 16.
Officers said the man had been drinking alcohol and was impaired. The suspect tried to run from police, but was arrested.
As a result of the investigation, Brad John Price Fawcett, 37, was charged with:
- Operation while impaired - alcohol and drugs CC 320.14(1)(a);
- Operation while impaired - blood alcohol concentration (80 plus);
- Assault a Peace Officer CC 270(1)(a);
- Dangerous operation CC 320.13(1);
- Assault with a Weapon CC 267(a);
- Resist Peace Officer CC 129(a) (four counts).
The accused received a 90 day driver's license suspension and the vehicle was also impounded for seven days.
He is scheduled to appear in the Provincial Court of Justice in L'Orignal, Ontario on March 20, 2019.